“Together, we learn to work independently”
Francisco Zariquiey Biondi
“GUIDE TO DESIGNING AND MANAGING A COOPERATIVE LEARNING NETWORK”.
Cooperation is about working together to achieve common goals. In a cooperative situation, individuals seek outcomes that are beneficial to themselves and to all other members of the group. Cooperative learning is the didactic use of small groups in which learners work together to maximise their own learning and that of others.
In order to achieve this:
- We design heterogeneous groups.
- We combine large group work, individual work and cooperative team work.
- We encourage pupils to cooperate with their peers.
- We ensure that mentoring relationships exist between team members.
- We carry out individual and group assessments.
- We carry out self-assessments, including our own.
With the intention of fostering cooperative relationships, our school seeks to go beyond the application within the classroom. We believe in developing empathetic people, capable of understanding others and putting themselves in their place.